What are filing fees?
Filing fees are deposits required by law to partially cover the administrative costs of case handling for the Clerk of Courts Office. Court costs are assessed against one or both parties after a case is completed.
Where do I pay my filing fees?
You must pay your filing fees at the time you file your motion or case with the Lake County Clerk of Courts Office. The Clerk of Courts is located in the basement of the Courthouse Annex building. There is a tunnel on the lower level of the main Courthouse to the Clerk of Courts:
Lake County Clerk of Courts
25 North Park Place
Painesville, OH 44077
For more information, click here.
To search the docket, click here.
What are the filing fees for Domestic Relations Court?
- Divorce, Dissolution, Legal Separation with Children: $326.00
- Divorce, Dissolution, Legal Separation without Children: $306.00
- Annulment with or without Children: $276.00
- Counterclaim: $200.00
- Foreign Decree, Petition to Accept Jurisdiction or Register Decree: $226.00
- Post-Decree Motion for Reallocation, Child Support, or Parenting Time: $200.00
- All Other Post-Decree Motions: $175.00
- Post-Decree QDRO and/or DOPO: $50.00
- Motion to add new party defendant: $20.00
- Motion for third party intervenor: $50.00